Haven’t heard from me in a while, but I just had to tell you: I got a C-scan today and it was clean! That doesn’t mean I’m out of cancer danger forever or anything. It just means that they thought they saw another hot spot, but it’s okay. Whew! Meanwhile, we’ve got one more mom going through breast cancer. I wanted to be the last one. I really did. My thoughts are with her all the time, and I’ll get my chance to return all those casseroles people brought us.

In other news, I work full-time now. “Working” as a stand-up comic is like “working” at a lemonade stand. It’s nice to join the rest of the world working my butt off and racing around all weekend getting groceries and laundry. The kids get bummed once in a while until I remind them about those new shoes I can now buy them.

Hope all of you are doing well. Thanks for all the support and love you gave us. Now it’s my turn to return all I can.

Advertisements

About clevercopy

Stand-up comedian, professional copywriter and public speaker

6 responses »

1. Gigi Rosenberg says:

Great news! So glad to hear all of it. Where are you working now?!

2. Gayle Furlow-Cole says:

I’ve had you on my mind and am soooo happy that your tests came out well. Thoughts and prayers to the other mom you mention, and to the many others who are fighting this monster.

3. Elizabeth says:

Hey J -so glad that you are CLEAN, and so is your act 😉 Sending more waves of hugs!!!

4. David Ray says:

Thanks for the update Jacki! I’m so glad to read the great news!!! You, your friends and family are simply awesome and inspirational. xox, david

Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 04:55:31 +0000 To: dwray62@hotmail.com

5. Jill says:

Thanks for sharing, and congratulations! May the good news spread all around and touch others. You are, as David Ray says, awesome. xo, Jill

6. Trina says: